Municipal Spring Election
April 2, 2019
Notice is hereby given that an election is to be held in the City of Waterloo on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 and the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term for alderperson begins on Tuesday, April 16, 2019. All terms are for four years unless otherwise indicated.
Municipal Office Incumbent
Office of the Mayor Robert Thompson [statement of non-candidacy filed]
Alderperson Ward 3 Timothy Thomas
Alderperson Ward 1 Clifford Osborn (To complete the unexpired term, said term to expire April 2021)
About the Alderperson Ward 1 Office...
In 2018 Matt Ziaja resigned as City of Waterloo Ward #1 Alderperson. A general call for persons to fill the vacancy led to the Fall appointment of Cliff Osborn. Cliff is not running for election this Spring. No one has filed nominations papers to have their name on the ballot for this office.
Therefore, a contest for Alderperson Ward #1 will be on the April 2, 2019 ballot with no names printed for that contest. Write-in candidates are invited run for the office.
If you seek municipal office as a write-in candidate, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Pick up your Campaign Registration Statement from the Clerk/Treasurer at any time.
- File your Campaign Registration Statement with the Clerk as soon as you decide to become a write-in candidate for the municipal office.
- Educate your supporters to write your name on the write-in portion of the ballot, under the proper position. If you have any questions call the Clerk/Treasurer.
What are the boundaries of Ward #1? See the ward map.
About Seeking Municipal Elected Office…
- Notice of Spring 2019 Municipal Elections
- Statement of Non-candidacy (EL-163; for elected officials not seeking another term)
- Statement of Candidacy (EL-162)
- Campaign Finance Committee/Conduit Registration Statement (CF-1; revision 1/2018)
- Nomination Papers (EL-169)
- Handbook for Wisconsin Municipal Officials (Wis. League of Municipalities)
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission Campaign Finance Overview
- 2019 Campaign Finance Checklist (if not claiming exemption from reporting requirements)
• April 4, 2018 Municipal Election Results
|ALDER WARD 2|
|Ronald Griffin [incumbent]||353||353||72.04%|
• Fall General Election Results
|YEAR||TOTAL VOTES CAST||CONTEST||REPUBLICAN||DEMOCRAT|