2020 Spring Primary Election: February 18, 2020 (if more than two candidates file nominiation papers for any given office)
2020 Spring General Election and Presidential Preference Primary: April 7, 2020
2020 Fall Partisan Primary: August 11, 2020
2020 Fall General Election: November 3, 2020
Notice is hereby given that an election is to be held in the City of Waterloo on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 and the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. Read the entire notice.
|MUNICIPAL OFFICE||INCUMBENT||TERM OF OFFICE|
|Alderperson At-Large||Charles Kuhl **||2020-2024|
|Alderperson Ward 2||Eric Rhynes **||2020-2022|
|Alderperson Wards 4/5||Jeanette Petts||2020-2024|
|** appointed to fill vacancy due to resignation|
About Seeking Municipal Elected Office…
- Statement of Non-candidacy (EL-163; for elected officials not seeking another term)
- Statement of Candidacy (EL-162)
- Campaign Finance Committee/Conduit Registration Statement (CF-1; revision 1/2018)
- Nomination Papers (EL-169)
- Handbook for Wisconsin Municipal Officials (Wis. League of Municipalities)
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission Campaign Finance Overview
- 2019 Campaign Finance Checklist (if not claiming exemption from reporting requirement
• See Jefferson County Clerk's Office for prior City of Waterloo municipal election results
If you seek municipal office as a write-in candidate, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Pick up your Campaign Registration Statement from the Clerk/Treasurer at any time.
- File your Campaign Registration Statement with the Clerk as soon as you decide to become a write-in candidate for the municipal office.
- Educate your supporters to write your name on the write-in portion of the ballot, under the proper position. If you have any questions call the Clerk/Treasurer.