Place your recyclables in the special recycling containers provided. These containers are to be left with the residence if you move. Waste oil and batteries should be placed along side you recycling cart not inside. Please keep your recyclables separate from your other garbage and easily accessible.
The trash service will still be weekly and recycling every other week. Please call our office at 1-800-248-2373 to make arrangements for pick-up of large items, appliances or electronic waste. As of September 1. 2010 electronic waste is no longer accepted at the landfill.
Download our recycling guide here.
What can be recycled?
- Aluminum beverage cans can be recycled. No aluminum foil or TV dinner trays.
- Car tires must be taken off the rim to be recycled. These should be set next to the recycling cart. Limit of 2 per week, up to 8 per year.
- Clean cardboard can be recycled. It should be broken down and flattened.
- Common engine oil may be recycled. Must be in leak-proof, non-breakable containers with lid. Limit is 2 one-gallon containers per week.
- Glass bottles and jars can be recycled. Must be rinsed out. No window glass, light bulbs, TV tubes, drinking glass, etc.
- Lead Acid car and truck batteries may be recycled. Battery casings must be unbroken. These are set next to the recycling cart.
- Paper can be recycled. This includes newspapers, magazines, office paper, mail, envelopes, glossy inserts, catalogs, phone books, paperback books, cereal boxes, wrapping paper, etc.
- Plastics can be recycled. Look for the recycling symbol on the bottom of the container. Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 are accepted. Must be rinsed out completely. Includes bottles with threaded caps such as milk jugs and beverage bottles.
- Tin and bi-metal cans such as soup, vegetable and juice cans are recycled. Should be rinsed out completely.