May 22, 2017 Pavement Micro Surfacing
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RESIDENTS
Weather permitting Lum Avenue, Jamie Street, Pearl Street, Lexington Way and Derby Lane will be closed to all traffic, parking and driveway access on Monday, May 22, 2017 for a roadway micro-surfacing application. Lexington may be Tuesday. In case of rain or other unforeseen circumstances, this work will be done the next workday.
Micro-surfacing operations will be performed on the streets indicated between the hours of 7AM and 8 PM. Due to the number of streets scheduled the exact time for specific streets is not known. If you plan to use your vehicle during the time your street is closed, please be sure that it is parked outside the work area. Parked cars on posted streets will be towed at the owner's expense.
Micro-surfacing is wet when applied and needs two hours to dry before it can receive traffic. Obey barricade barriers and stay off roadways until opened. Violators may be charged damages. Once open use extreme caution when backing out of driveways and driving on streets. Turning of steering wheels while stoped may cause damage to the new seal. With your help the new surface on these streets will last for many years to come.
Questions? Call Struck & Irwin Paving Inc. 608-575-5450.
Use McKay Way and Washington Street (County O) to navigate around construction zone. Thank you!
Did you know???
- There will be ADA accessible pedestrian access to all downtown businesses throughout the work zone.
- The municipal parking lot at 136 North Monroe Street will provide free overnight parking.
- Dwellings are eligible for a easy access municipal grant to remove private lead water services from the curb stop to the water meter.
• Have a lead water service at your Madison Street dwelling? Now is the time to get is replaced! Call 920-478-3025 to learn more.
• Want temporary signage directing customers to your business? Complete this form and call 920-478-3025 for details now.
Anticipated Completion Date: September 15, 2017
Be safe in construction zones – thank you!
Here is the May 2017 Pavement Micro Surfacing Map